Any business owner in any industry knows how important a website and good web presence can be when it comes to overall success. These days, you would be hard pressed to find a business, no matter how small, that did not at least have some kind of website. This is because many people, when looking for a certain company or product, will do their research online before choosing a company to become a customer of. This is the reasons that a good website is so important because it is essentially a make it or break it tool to get business. Here are the top five things you should include in your marijuana web design.
- Mobile responsiveness-Statistics show that the majority of people access the internet from their phones, so that means that a website needs to display well on a phone as well as computer or other device such as a tablet. If a website is not responsive on a mobile version, users will have to shift their phone, change the sizing and pinch the screen to interact with the site. Studies show that if users have to do this, they will abandon the site and search for another one.
- High resolution images- Grainy images give off a real air of low quality. When websites use low resolution images, customers may assume that the company is cheap, not well run and does not care about their customers. This is a real issue for companies because their website is often times their one shot to capture the attention of an audience or potential customer base. Spending the extra money to make sure images are high quality will go a long way to improve marijuana marketing.
- Pithy copy- Studies show that consumers in this day and age have a short attention span. They do not want to read through paragraphs and paragraphs on a website. Instead, they want to get the general gist of something quickly and concisely. Making sure your copy is pithy, punchy and easy to read will go a long way in keeping your customer’s interest.
- User friendly design- If a website is not easy to use, a customer will opt not to use it and find a website that they can use easily instead. When someone is navigating a site for the first time, it needs to be easy to them to find what they need. The more intuitive the design, the better.
- Updated content- Websites need to be constantly managed and updated in order to be good tools. Make sure to consult with marijuana gurus to confirm that your content is always new, fresh and exciting. If you want your customers to keep coming back to your site, you want to make sure they are going to see new content each time they return.
Online experience is one of the most important aspects of a business to customers. It is how they learn about a brand, develop loyalty and connect. If all of these things happen, you can gain a customer for life.