If you are wondering what would cause a dentist to pull out your teeth, then you are in luck! Listed here are the top reasons for dental extractions:
- Your tooth has decayed beyond repair. If you have a decaying tooth and the tooth decay has reached the center of your tooth then your tooth is beyond repair. This is when the tooth decay hits the pulp of your tooth. Bacteria from the decay can seep into the pulp of the tooth which can lead to infection.
- You have periodontal disease. Periodontal disease is when you have an infection of the gums. This means that bacteria has invaded the plaque in your mouth and has formed on your teeth. You may have to have a tooth extraction in order to take care of this sticky situation.
- It will help another tooth. If extracting a tooth helps another tooth, such as an impacted wisdom tooth, then it is a good time for a tooth extraction. This is the right time to extract a tooth as it can save the tooth that is trying to grow in rather than ruin both teeth over time.
- Your teeth are overcrowding. If your teeth are crowding into each other and there are no other options besides orthodontic treatments, then removing one of the teeth may be in the patient’s best interests.
- You had an accident. If you had an accident and there is no hope to save your tooth, then you may have to have it extracted. This, of course, should be the last resort method used for any type of dental emergency.
As you can see, these were just a few of the many reasons as to why you may need a dental extraction. If you think that you may need to get a dental extraction for any of these reasons, then you are likely already experiencing pain and have seen a dentist. If you haven’t seen a dentist, then you will want to find the right one that can best help to diagnose you and find the right treatment methods for your pain.
If you don’t know what to seek out in a dental professional, then you need to find the right office that can offer you everything that you want and need in a dental office so that you don’t have to go searching for a new dentist every time you need a new procedure done. You can find the right dental office that will offer you everything from regular cleanings and maintenance to dental crowns or dental root canals. You can find the right services that will offer you anything from emergency dental work to orthodontics!
If you want to go with the best out there, then you will want to reach out to the experts over at Wohrman Dental Group. They are the leading experts in dental care and can provide you with all of the care that you need right away. They can help you make the right decisions for your needs as well.